Friday, January 29, 2016

SNOW FUN IN MS. KIM'S CLASS

 
I know that you wish you could be here right now and see what I am looking at. Snow. Lots of snow. But, not only snow, Ms. Kim's students are enjoying this beautiful snow right in the comfort of their classroom. Well, let's give a shout out to Ms. Darlene who went out into out snow covered playground and scooped up all this wonderful snow for our students.





















Why is this a great activity to do with our preschoolers?

This is a time where they are learning through play and exploration. I began to ask them, "What is this? Is this mashed potatoes?" Giggles. "No! It's not mashed potatoes!" "Oh, I know, this is ice cream." I said again. "No, it's not ice cream!" was the reply.




"How does it feel?" I heard Ms. Kim asking the children to think, to wonder, to feel and explore the texture that was before them. This is how they learn, they remember and they come home talking about amazing moments in their classroom.

 
www.abcpreschoolny.com #abcpreschoolny
Find and like us on Facebook
 
Blog Written By Angeline Duran
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment